Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by fe...@lozano.eti.br on 2009/07/31 00:25:09 UTC

MyFaces deployment error on eXo PC (portlet container)

Hi there,  I'm using MyFaces 1.2.7 and myfaces-portlet-bridge 1.0.0-beta. I can't deploy a simple
app that runs fine on Tomcat outside the eXo PC 2.0.5, using the tomcat bundle they provide on their
web site.  I think I did all right according to MyFaces docs and eXo docs, which are sighly
differentent, so I made two tries.  Here's the deployment errors:   30/07/2009 16:21:30
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources INFO: Undeploying context [/hora-mundo-jsf]
30/07/2009 16:21:30 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR INFO: Deploying web application
archive hora-mundo-jsf.war [INFO] MyfacesConfig - No context init parameter
'org.apache.myfaces.PRETTY_HTML' found, using default value true [INFO] MyfacesConfig - No context
init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT' found, using default value true [INFO]
MyfacesConfig - No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.RENDER_CLEAR_JAVASCRIPT_FOR_BUTTON'
found, using default value false [INFO] MyfacesConfig - No context init parameter
'org.apache.myfaces.SAVE_FORM_SUBMIT_LINK_IE' found, using default value false [INFO] MyfacesConfig
- No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.READONLY_AS_DISABLED_FOR_SELECTS' found, using
default value true [INFO] MyfacesConfig - No context init parameter
'org.apache.myfaces.RENDER_VIEWSTATE_ID' found, using default value true [INFO] MyfacesConfig - No
context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.STRICT_XHTML_LINKS' found, using default value true
[INFO] MyfacesConfig - No context init parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.CONFIG_REFRESH_PERIOD' found,
using default value 2 [INFO] MyfacesConfig - No context init parameter
'org.apache.myfaces.VIEWSTATE_JAVASCRIPT' found, using default value false [INFO] MyfacesConfig -
Tomahawk jar not available. Autoscrolling, DetectJavascript, AddResourceClass and
CheckExtensionsFilter are disabled now. [INFO] MyfacesConfig - Starting up Tomahawk on the
MyFaces-JSF-Implementation [INFO] FacesConfigurator - Reading standard config
META-INF/standard-faces-config.xml [INFO] portletcontainer - DEPLOYING PORTLET APPLICATION:
hora-mundo-jsf [INFO] portletcontainer - The portlet.xml file valid portlet spec 1 [INFO]
portletcontainer -   -- read: 1 portlets [INFO] portletcontainer - Registering portlets:
[HoraMundialJSF] [INFO] portletcontainer - DEPLOYED PORTLET APPLICATION SUCCESSFUL: hora-mundo-jsf
30/07/2009 16:21:31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start SEVERE: Error listenerStart
30/07/2009 16:21:31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start SEVERE: Context [/hora-mundo-jsf]
startup failed due to previous errors [INFO] portletcontainer - UNDEPLOY PORTLET APPLICATION:
hora-mundo-jsf [INFO] DefaultLifecycleProviderFactory - No ExternalContext using fallback
LifecycleProvider. [INFO] DefaultLifecycleProviderFactory - Using LifecycleProvider
org.apache.myfaces.config.annotation.AllAnnotationLifecycleProvider     You see, not very
informative. Which listener failed to start? why?  Here's my configuration files. It's a simple
world clock app, and I intent to change the edit form (time zone and colors) into the portlet edit
mode. I already have a struts version of this app working fine, and a pure-portlet (with JSTL) also
working fine.  --------- faces-config.xml         HoraMundial        exemplo.HoraMundial
session      /edit.jsp        success     /view.jsp        ------ web.xml         hora-mundo-jsf
          *.jsp         UTF-8
org.exoplatform.services.portletcontainer.impl.servlet.PortletApplicationListener
PortletWrapper         org.exoplatform.services.portletcontainer.impl.servlet.ServletWrapper
           1         PortletWrapper         /PortletWrapper                                   Faces
Servlet         javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet         1                   Faces Servlet
*.faces                    index.jsp         -------- portlet.xml                  Hora Mundial JSF
       HoraMundialJSF         Hora Mundial JSF         javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet
               javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.view             /view.jsp                  -->
    org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet                            default-view
    /view.jsp                   0                      text/html             VIEW
pt_BR                       Hora Mundial JSF             Hora Mundial JSF             Hora, fuso,
JSF                                                        cor                 #0000dd
                            cidade                 Rio de Janeiro
------------ contents of WEB-INF/lib  commons-codec-1.3.jar jstl.jar myfaces-api-1.2.7.jar
myfaces-impl-1.2.7.jar portlet-bridge-api-1.0.0-beta.jar portlet-bridge-impl-1.0.0-beta.jar  See I
tried with both the standard Faces Portlets (as myfaces-portlet-bridge states) and
MyfacesPortletBridge (as eXo docs state). Both with same result.  Some commons provided with myfaces
are already included in eXo, so I left them out of WEB-INF/lib.  Thanks in advance for any hint.
[]s, Fernando Lozano

Re: MyFaces deployment error on eXo PC (portlet container)

Posted by michael freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.
Just reworked it to deploy with portlet 1.0 bridge(beta) and myfaces
1.2.7.  The deploy went fine and the portlets show up in the repos/admin
page -- just need to know how to add page/portlet to verify they
actually run.  But in the end, it sounds like maybe a config issue is
causing your problem -- so pelase double check the logs.

Posted by michael freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.
Fernando,

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Fernando.  It should work with 1.2.7.  If it doesn't.. Please lot a
bug.  It will not work with any JSF 1.1 implementation.  They have their
own bridge which is not compliant with the JSR.. Both JSR bridge specs
are for JSF 1.2 only.

Posted by Fernando Lozano <fe...@lozano.eti.br>.
Hi,