Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Naresh Kripalani <nr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/27 17:16:01 UTC

Lazy Initialise of Log4j ?

Hi All,

I have a common framework , with a wrapper Mylogger
providing log4j logging service. Since this is a
framework, it will be loaded in the system classloader
of the AppServer and all apps will be using a common
copy.

Q) Can i initialize individual apps lazily when they
execute the first log statement, without impacting the
performance ?
Q) Since every app will be using my wrapper, I am free
to configure them to go to a common file or seperate
files without ever worring abut resource contention ?
Q) If the answer is Y to the above Q,then i don't have
to worry abut any repository selector and other
complexities right ?

Please help me fix my design
Thanks in advance
Naresh