Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Krishna Raj <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/16 09:35:27 UTC

Introducing Kafka Standalone Consumer for ElasticSearch

Hello Jun, Neha, Jay & Other Kafka Dev Folks,

Good Day !

I worked on a PetProject - Kafka Standalone Consumer for ElasticSearch.

I had the need to Consume messages from Kafka, Process it to a desired
format and Index them in ElasticSearch, for which I found that there was no
such project available and hence created one.

The project is available in github and I have provided a detailed
documentation for it.

I need your help to spread its use and build further by including this
project in the Ecosystem Page of Kafka Wiki Page - i.e:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Ecosystem

Can you please help make the entry or guide me to make the entry into the
page ? (I understand the documentation is in SVN, but I dont find an
instruction to update it.)

*Here is the GitHub for Kafka Standalone Consumer for ElasticSearch:*

*https://github.com/reachkrishnaraj/kafka-elasticsearch-standalone-consumer
<https://github.com/reachkrishnaraj/kafka-elasticsearch-standalone-consumer>*

*Illustration:*
*https://raw.githubusercontent.com/reachkrishnaraj/kafka-elasticsearch-standalone-consumer/master/img/Kafka_ES_Illustration.png
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/reachkrishnaraj/kafka-elasticsearch-standalone-consumer/master/img/Kafka_ES_Illustration.png>*

*Documentation:*
*https://github.com/reachkrishnaraj/kafka-elasticsearch-standalone-consumer/wiki
<https://github.com/reachkrishnaraj/kafka-elasticsearch-standalone-consumer/wiki>*

Thanks,
Krishna Raj

Re: Introducing Kafka Standalone Consumer for ElasticSearch

Posted by Krishna Raj <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for adding it in the page.

I am hoping to have more hands try this out and eventually build it further.

Thanks,
Kr

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.