Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Duo Zhang <zh...@apache.org> on 2019/08/14 15:15:34 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.1.6 is available for download

The first release candidate for HBase 2.1.6 is available for download:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.1.6RC0

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1329/

Artifacts are signed with my key (9AD2AE49) published in our KEYS file at

  http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The tag to be voted on is 2.1.6RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.1.6RC0

HBase 2.1.6 is the seventh maintenance release in the HBase 2.1 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
Hadoop and NoSQL communities. It fixes several CVEs related to jackson by
upgrading jackson-databind dependency to 2.9.9.2, all hbase users are
highly recommended to upgrade, especially the one who uses hbase-rest.

2.1.6 includes ~127 bug and improvement fixes done since the 2.1.5. There
are several critical fixes around WAL, which may cause WAL corruption or
hang the region server. Please see HBASE-22539, HBASE-22681, HBASE-22684
for more details.

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 2.1.5 has been
published for your review, at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.1.6RC0/compatibility_report_2.1.5vs2.1.6RC0.html

The report shows no incompatibilities.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available in the
CHANGES.md that ships as part of the release also available here:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.1.6RC0/CHANGES.md

The RELEASENOTES.md are here:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.1.6RC0/RELEASENOTES.md

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should release
these artifacts as HBase 2.1.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.1.6 is available for download

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding). I also got an UT failing, but tried it individually and
same has passed.

hbase-vote result:
        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_222): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_222): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_222): failed
         - mvn test -P runAllTests
* LTT 1M rows: ok
* Basic shell commands in standalone mode: ok

The from "runAllTests" profile failed tests:
[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]
TestZKProcedure.testMultiCohortWithMemberTimeoutDuringPrepare:327->waitAndVerifyProc:356
procedure.sendGlobalBarrierReached();
Never wanted here:
-> at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.TestZKProcedure.waitAndVerifyProc(TestZKProcedure.java:356)
But invoked here:
-> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.call(Procedure.java:213)

[ERROR]
TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleAsyncWAL>TestReplicationEndpoint.testInterClusterReplication:236
Waiting timed out after [30,000] msec Failed to replicate all edits,
expected = 2500 replicated = 2492
[ERROR]
TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleWAL>TestReplicationEndpoint.testInterClusterReplication:236
Waiting timed out after [30,000] msec Failed to replicate all edits,
expected = 2500 replicated = 2499
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]   TestServerCrashProcedureStuck.test:101 » Execution
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.cli...
[INFO]
[ERROR] Tests run: 4068, Failures: 3, Errors: 1, Skipped: 48

Executed tests individually on the src from unzipped tar artifact:
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Running
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.multiwal.TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleAsyncWAL
[INFO] Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
57.994 s - in
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.multiwal.TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleAsyncWAL
[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[INFO] Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Running
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.multiwal.TestReplicationEndpointWithMultipleWAL
[INFO] Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
56.356 s - in

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Maybe this RC is already sunk due to HBASE-22823, but FYI, the test added
on HBASE-22169 is failing consistently for me. I added a comment to the
jira with my diagnostics; I think the fix is quite simple.

Posted by Sakthi <sa...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.