Posted to user@hive.apache.org by kumar r <ku...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/09 11:22:14 UTC

Hive streaming not working

Hi,

I trying to enable hive streaming by following
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Streaming+Data+Ingest#StreamingDataIngest-StreamingRequirements

I had changed all configuration properties to enable hive streaming, but
hive metastore service running with below error,

18/02/09 12:22:51 ERROR compactor.Initiator: Caught an exception in the
main loop of compactor initiator, exiting MetaException(message:Unable to
connect to transaction database org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:
relation "compaction_queue" does not exist

Note: I am using PostgreSQL for JDBC metastore and hive version 2.0.1

Help me to solve this error and start working with Hive Streaming.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48700339/hive-streaming-not-working

Thanks,
Kumar