Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/03 06:24:25 UTC

Can't build Camel trunk

Hi, I'm having trouble building Camel-trunk--in particular, the
components/camel-spring module.  I am getting these errors:

/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:39:
package org.apache.camel.spring.util does not exist
import org.apache.camel.spring.util.ReflectionUtils;
                                    ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:64:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelBeanPostProcessor
    private SpringCamelContext camelContext;
            ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:96:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelBeanPostProcessor
    public SpringCamelContext getCamelContext() {
           ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:100:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelBeanPostProcessor
    public void setCamelContext(SpringCamelContext camelContext) {
                                ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelContextFactoryBean.java:88:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean
    private SpringCamelContext context;
            ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelContextFactoryBean.java:166:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean
    public SpringCamelContext getContext() throws Exception {
           ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelContextFactoryBean.java:173:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean
    public void setContext(SpringCamelContext context) {
                           ^
/home/gmazza/nbwork/camel/components/camel-spring/target/schema-src/org/apache/camel/spring/CamelContextFactoryBean.java:276:
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SpringCamelContext
location: class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean
    protected SpringCamelContext createContext() {
              ^

I'm using standard "mvn clean install" from both trunk and camel-spring
directories, and getting the same errors.  Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Can't build Camel trunk

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen

The errors are coming from building a schema from the annotated java
sources.
Since we do want the ReflectionUtils, SpringContext to be a part of  the
schema, we filter them.
You can find more information form the pom.xml[1] in the camel-spring
component.

BTW
Even you get this errors, you still can get the Camel build passed.

[1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/components/camel-spring/pom.xml

Willem.

Re: Can't build Camel trunk

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 03/04/2008, davsclaus <ci...@yahoo.dk> wrote:

>  Hi
>
>  AFAIK the errors is not java compilation errors but some auto generation of
>  some camel spring artifacts.
>  You should be good to go anyway.
>
>  James, Willem can you shed some light?

Yeah - I think those errors come out of the Java -> XSD generation.
With some work we can probably get rid of those; I think its just
we're not giving the jaxb plugin all the dependencies it needs to
compile all the code; but the XSD generation does work :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Can't build Camel trunk

Posted by davsclaus <ci...@yahoo.dk>.
Hi

AFAIK the errors is not java compilation errors but some auto generation of
some camel spring artifacts.
You should be good to go anyway.

James, Willem can you shed some light?

/Claus