Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Wheeler, Douglas" <Do...@state.mn.us> on 2006/02/17 21:29:24 UTC

Create new Axis Bean from instance document

How do I create a new Axis Bean (the XML binding beans generated by
WSDL2Java) from an instance document?  For example can I create an
instance of the PersonNameSearchType Axis Bean using the the following
XML fragment that conforms to the PersonNameSearch.xsd:

<PersonNameSearch>

  <NameSearchTypeText>NameSearchTypeText</NameSearchTypeText>

  <PersonName>

    <j:PersonGivenName>PersonGivenName</j:PersonGivenName>

    <j:PersonMiddleName>PersonMiddleName</j:PersonMiddleName>

    <j:PersonSurName>PersonSurName</j:PersonSurName>

    <PersonNickname>PersonNickname</PersonNickname>

  </PersonName>

</PersonNameSearch>

Can this be done outside of the Axis context?

For those that are familiar with XMLBeans, I am looking for an approach
similar to using the XXXDocument.Factory.newInstance() method
http://xmlbeans.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/guide/conGettingStartedwithXMLBean
s.html) in XMLBeans.

Thanks!