Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/26 22:30:30 UTC

Bloom Filter

Is it advisable to enable bloom filters on the column family?

Also, why is it called global kill switch?

Bloom Filter Configuration
  2.9.1. io.hfile.bloom.enabled global kill switch

io.hfile.bloom.enabled in Configuration serves as the kill switch in case
something goes wrong. Default = true.

Re: Bloom Filter

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should we put the link to it from Apache HBase book (ref guide)?

I added link.  Will show next time we push the site.
St.Ack

Re: Bloom Filter

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Very good explanation (and food for thinking) about using bloom filters in
> HBase in answers here:
> http://www.quora.com/How-are-bloom-filters-used-in-HBase.
>
> Should we put the link to it from Apache HBase book (ref guide)?

Thanks this is helpful

Re: Bloom Filter

Posted by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bloom Filter