Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by "Flores, Paul A." <PA...@SAIC.COM> on 2016/02/19 18:39:43 UTC

Help?!: Qpid JMS 0.6.0 HelloWorld example issue

Trying to get the HelloWorld example that is found with the QPID JMS 0.6.0 Release to work.

When I go to run it  I am seeing the following.

Can some one point me to a resolution? I am running out of hair to pull!

Thanks.

Paul

2016-02-19 10:32:47,256 [main           ] - ERROR ProviderFactory                - Failed to create Provider instance for AMQP, due to: java.io.IOException: Provider scheme NOT recognized: [AMQP]
2016-02-19 10:32:47,259 [main           ] - ERROR JmsConnectionFactory           - Failed to create JMS Provider instance for: AMQP
Caught exception, exiting.
javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create connection to: AMQP://localhost:5672
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.exceptions.JmsExceptionSupport.create(JmsExceptionSupport.java:66)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory.createConnection(JmsConnectionFactory.java:165)
        at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:51)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Provider scheme NOT recognized: [AMQP]
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.ProviderFactory.findProviderFactory(ProviderFactory.java:104)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.ProviderFactory.create(ProviderFactory.java:70)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory.createProvider(JmsConnectionFactory.java:221)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory.createConnection(JmsConnectionFactory.java:161)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: org.apache.qpid.jms.util.ResourceNotFoundException: Could not find factory resource: META-INF/services/org/apache/qpid/jms/provider/AMQP
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.util.FactoryFinder$StandaloneObjectFactory.loadProperties(FactoryFinder.java:223)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.util.FactoryFinder$StandaloneObjectFactory.create(FactoryFinder.java:164)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.util.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:122)
        at org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.ProviderFactory.findProviderFactory(ProviderFactory.java:102)
        ... 4 more

RE: Help?!: Qpid JMS 0.6.0 HelloWorld example issue

Posted by "Flores, Paul A." <PA...@SAIC.COM>.
Thanks for your help.

IMHO The examples need a bit more "meat" on them.  A new user is going to be frustrated by the amount of implied but not explicit steps that are required to get them compiled and running.

A inclusion of a configuration file that could be used with qpidd would be extremely helpful.
Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
qpid-config is in the qpid-tools package. Go to the download site (
http://qpid.apache.org/download.html) and download the "C++ broker
(command-line tools)". It is using the Python version of Qpid Messaging
API, so you have to download that as well - it is on the same page.

Posted by "Flores, Paul A." <PA...@SAIC.COM>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.