Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/06/11 01:01:34 UTC

Roadmap for core parts of SIS

The work on sis-referencing module will probably continue at a slower
pace now, since the most important functionalities (GML and WKT support,
EPSG geodetic dataset, coordinate operations) are there. Future work on
referencing include (no commitment about dates):

  * More map projections.
  * Referencing by identifiers (e.g. postal codes).
  * Extension mechanism for custom CRS and operations.
  * Geoidal heights and other kind of non-ellipsoidal heights (e.g.
    "sigma-level").
  * Continue implementation of Geospatial integrity of geoscience
    software (GIGS) tests.
  * Performance improvement in PassthroughOperation (may have a
    significant impact on three- and four-dimensional operations).
  * Automatic support of older GML schema.
  * OGC temporal schema.
  * Dynamic datum.

In parallel, I plan to shift more effort toward coverages (rasters),
especially:

  * NetCDF
  * GeoTIFF + Landsat (part of Google Summer of Code project).
  * Required work in a new core/sis-coverage module needed for
    supporting the above.

Martin

Re: Roadmap for core parts of SIS

Posted by phuong hao nguyen thi <ng...@gmail.com>.
Hello all ,
Yes, I understand.
Hao
Vào 11-06-2016 08:01, "Martin Desruisseaux" <
martin.desruisseaux@geomatys.com> đã viết: