Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2013/07/01 13:48:43 UTC

StackOverflow when enabling logging in openjpa-2.2.2

Hi folks!

There is a bug in openjpa-2.2.2 which renders it pretty much useless for production I fear.

If we enable logging then openjpa blurps out with a StackOverflowException at startup.

I've seen Jeremy already fixed this issue in trunk, but there is no JIRA ticket nr in the commit.
Is there such a ticket?

Is there a workaround? Or shall we prepare a 2.2.3 release to ship it?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: StackOverflow when enabling logging in openjpa-2.2.2

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
Hum.  I'll check into that.  I wouldn't have expected a basic log4j config
to cause that failure.  Have you tried a 2.2.3 snapshot?

-Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

for tomee we have 2 main issues (why we are on 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT ATM):
* criteria queries didn't handle correctly lists (order by or group by IIRC)
* asm 4 shade compatibility

if a release is started it would be great it tomee could use it

*Romain Manni-Bucau*