Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kenny Birney <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/18 20:44:25 UTC

Sending attachments to web service

Hi all,

I have a Java app that consists of small desktop Java applications that
upload XML files to a web service (Apache AXIS). The xml documents are
attached to the SOAP envelope, before being transmitted. This works ok, but
i have begun to investigate load testing using JMeter. I have used the
Apache AXIS SoapMonitor tool to intercept the soap messages, in the hope of
being able to use them in a test plan, to simulate many clients firing XML
documents at the server. The intercepted SOAP message is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:xsd=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<ns1:retrieveConfiguration soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns1="ProteusWS">
<source href="58F86C856DD1DF72B6B5E858D7E185D3" xsi:type="ns1:DataHandler"/>

</ns1:retrieveConfiguration>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

i place this in a JMeter Web Service (SOAP) Request and attach it to my test
plan. The WSDL loads fine, and fires the SOAP message at my web service. The
problem is that when it arrives at my web service, the DataHandler object
used to capture the attachment is null.

Is there a way of testing SOAP messages with attachments in JMeter?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Kenny