Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2021/03/02 06:41:51 UTC

Re: [External] : wiki.netbeans.org backup was: Heads-up: netbeans.org EOL on March 6th

Dne 26. 02. 21 v 8:35 Jaroslav Tulach napsal(a):

>> About the wiki.netbeans.org backup, quoting from [1]:
>>
>> Well, this was expected, of course. Would it be possible to get a copy
>> of the wikimedia archive from Oracle, anyone?
>
> I'll try to get the backup. This would be the manual:

No need for that anymore. The backup has been created and has been
uploaded as a TGZ file to the VM hosting Plugin Portal in case someone
decides to resurrect the content in the future.

-Jirka

Re: wiki.netbeans.org backup was: Heads-up: netbeans.org EOL on March 6th

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi there,

Back in the incubator days we requested MediaWiki, but ASF Infra doesn't
support MediaWiki any longer (it did ages ago, I think). It seems
"MoinMoin" was also a viable alternative [1], but it's not now.

The current ASF offering for wikis is Confluence [2], but it doesn't
allow for bulk imports.

An alternative could be github wikis.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0de4833ab77a74a443b32daa78bd631169ab7b1eb0633d441fb3b770%40%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have the backup and I could make it available on my apidesign.org server.
Just like the Maven archive: http://netbeans.apidesign.org/maven2/

There is one mediawiki already. Hosting another one shall not be a huge
problem. However, if ASF can host Apache NetBeans own mediawiki read only copy
(just like we do with bugzilla), it would indeed be the preferred setup.

-jt

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Where was the TGZ file placed again?

Eric Bresie