Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kooljava2 <ko...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/04/11 20:55:18 UTC

Sorl/DSE Spark

Hello,
We are exploring on configuring Sorl/Spark. Wanted to get input on this. 1) How do we decide which one to use?2) Do we run this on a DC where there is less workload?
Any other suggestion or comments are appreciated.
Thank you.

Re: Sorl/DSE Spark

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 13, 2018, 18:40 Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com> wrote:

> DSE is literally in the title.

:-D who reads the title???

Sorry...

Re: Sorl/DSE Spark

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 21:23 Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ben,
>
> 1. I don't see anything in this thread that is DSE specific, so I think it
> belongs here.

DSE is literally in the title.

> 2. Careful when you say that Datastax produces Cassandra. Cassandra is a
> product of Apache Software Foundation, and no one else. You, Ben, should be
> very well aware of this, to avoid further trademark issues between Datastax
> and ASF.

Given the context and subject, the software I was referring to is DSE.

Mind you, it would be hilarious if this email caused more trademark issues
with Datastax.

Re: Sorl/DSE Spark

Posted by Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>.
Thanks Jeff.