Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jon Wilmoth <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/15 20:48:30 UTC

[s2] datetimepicker - how to preserve original value

I'm using 2.0.7 and am getting errors when the user inputs an invalid date format.  In addition to the stacktrace below, the field's value displayed to the user becomes "NaN/NaN/0NaN".  Is this an oversite in the new tag that doesn't check to see if a field error exist before attempting to apply formatting?

May-15-2007 11:43:04:377 AM, PDT [ERROR] (org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker) - Could not parse date
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "foo"
        at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:337)
        at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.format(DateTimePicker.java:309)
        at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.evaluateParams(DateTimePicker.java:209)
        at org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.end(UIBean.java:481)
        at org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ComponentTagSupport.doEndTag(ComponentTagSupport.java:43)

Thanks,
Jon

Re: [s2] datetimepicker - how to preserve original value

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
This problem is related to this:

from 2.1 the "value", "startDate" and "endDate" will be evaluated as object,
so we can support Calendar and any object whose toString() returns a
parseable date. In short, use

<s:date value="%{'2007-01-01'}" ../>

instead of

<s:date value="2007-01-01" ../>

so you won't have to make changes for 2.1. To fix your problem now, just
using value="%{foo}" should do, if foo is either a Date object(recommended),
or a string that can be parsed by SimpleFormat.SHORT, SimpleFormat.LONG,
SimpleFormat.FULL, or the format entered in the "displayFormat" attribute

musachy