Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by A Kasami <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/05 18:18:17 UTC

How to develop Web-based SOAP client

Hi,

This is my first time of subscribing mailing list and I'm a newbie to Apache SOAP. Well, go back my problem. I've installed Tomcat and Apache SOAP v2.1 on two PCs (both are running Win2K). I've also run the samples accompanied with Apache SOAP successfully. However, I have to develop a SOAP client using Web-based interface (maybe Java applet or HTML forms). I couldn't find any examples about developing such SOAP client. Could anyone help me? (I'm welcome to receive any suggestions on any implementations, such as MS SOAP approach.

By the way, I'd like to know that does it make sense to implement Web-based SOAP? Why I ask that because I think we can invoke JSPs or servlets from Web pages over HTTP, but this makes me confuse. Could anyone explain the differences between Web-based SOAP and invocation of servlets from Web pages? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Albert

SOAPException when runing samples

Posted by Bin Wu <bi...@longsys.com>.
I tried to run GetAllListings but go the following errors:

Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol): Unsupported response content
type "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was: HTTP method POST is
not supported by this URL

I am running SOAP with weblogic 6.0 on Solaris.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bin

SOAPException when runing samples