Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Paul Grinberg <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/02 16:46:53 UTC

Xalan build on Solaris 8

Hello,

I am trying to rebuild Xalan with ICU support on
Solaris 8 sparc5 v9 architecture.  I've installed and
compiled both ICU and STLPort.  When trying to compile
Xalan I get errors like

"./XalanDOM/XalanDOMString.hpp, line 88: Error: Use ;
to terminate declarations."

This error is persistant throughout many files.  I
found a workaround by declaring a namespace _STL (ie
using namespace _STL;) in those files.  This fix seems
to satisfy the compiler but the resulting
libxml-c1_1.so file still does not seem to support ICU
(I followed the ICUBridge example to write a simple
Trasform with number fomratting and did not see any
fomratting on the output of this simple Transformer).

Is this fix valid? Or am I forgetting to include
something during installation?

Thank you very much,
Paul Grinberg.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/