Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> on 2003/03/28 23:28:57 UTC

Re: Disable ServiceManagerClient

I know this does not help you, but I just dropped a soap.xml into my
soap webapp in Tomcat 4.0.1, started Tomcat, and I was not able to
access the manager.  I then stopped Tomcat, removed soap.xml, started
Tomcat, and everything was "back to normal".  So, the technique does
work, I just can't say why it does not work for you.

I am using the nightly build.

On 20 Mar 2003 at 10:11, SRILAKSHMANAN,LAKSHMAN (HP-Au wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have read all possible doc on how to disable ServiceManagerClient on the
> server. But I am unable to implement it.
> Here is my soap.xml
>
> <soapServer>
>    <serviceManager>
>        <option name="SOAPInterfaceEnabled" value="false" />
>    </serviceManager>
>    <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.DefaultConfigManager" >
>        <option name="filename" value="/tmp/soap/DeployedServices.ds" />
>    </configManager>
> </soapServer>
>
> I know that this soap.xml file is accessed because the "DeployedServices.ds"
> is written to "/tmp/soap".
>

> But when I run the following command from a different machine it deploys the
> service.
>
> java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://host:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeployDescriptor.xml
>
> Could someone please help me..!!! please, please....
>
> Thanks
> Lakshman
> _____
> Lakshman Srilakshmanan
> Developer
> South Asia and Pacific
> Software Engineering Practice
> Mobile : 0409 949 005
> Phone : +61 3 8877 2652
> E-mail :  lakshman_srilakshmanan@hp.com
> This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity named above and
> may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not
> the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
> in error, please notify HP immediately by return email or telephone the
> above number and destroy the original message

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.