Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Bernd Mathiske <be...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/12/03 14:57:05 UTC

How to write numbers in docs

Should numbers be written as digits (1) or as words (one) in markdown docs?
When and how to decide? How to be consistent about this?
Do you even care?

Anyway, here is a proposal from Jörg to make this easy:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/40292/ <https://reviews.apache.org/r/40292/>

The proposal is to use words for one thru nine and digits/figures
from 10 onwards thru 11, 12, and so on.

Please review the RR if you agree or disagree strongly.

Bernd

Re: How to write numbers in docs

Posted by Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>.
I don't have a strong opinion here either, just a minor concern about
potentially introducing "unnecessary" review cycles around documentation
patches.
Is this perhaps introducing unnecessary cycles today because there's no
guideline? I haven't encountered this myself, but others have different
experiences.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.