Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2007/09/24 03:29:07 UTC

Label associated with an open/close tag

Hi,

I think this is one of the most common gotcha's in Wicket: a Label
associated with
an open/close tag like  will silently output nothing. As I really can't
think of
a use case when this behavior is the desired behavior (wanting the Label to
output
nothing?), I'd suggest that either it changes it to , or simply throw
an exception or log a warning.

Re: Label associated with an open/close tag

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Gwyn wrote:

> Please raise an issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET
> Feel free to have a go at a patch, as that'll help it's chances of
> getting done!

Done (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1004). No time to make a
patch though...

Re: Label associated with an open/close tag

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
On Monday, September 24, 2007, 2:29:07 AM, Kent <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> wrote:

> Hi,

> I think this is one of the most common gotcha's in Wicket: a Label
> associated with
> an open/close tag like  will silently output nothing. As I really can't
> think of
> a use case when this behavior is the desired behavior (wanting the Label to
> output
> nothing?), I'd suggest that either it changes it to , or simply throw
> an exception or log a warning.

Please raise an issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET
Feel free to have a go at a patch, as that'll help it's chances of
getting done!

/Gwyn

Re: Label associated with an open/close tag

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I agree with this too. Please submit a RFE.

-Matej