Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/12/09 16:49:06 UTC

BugRat Report #562 has been filed.

Bug report #562 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/562>

REPORT #562 Details.

Project: Taglibs
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2
   JVM Release: 1.2.2
   Operating System: NT
   OS Release: 5.0
   Platform: Windows

Synopsis:
getter methods not allowed in custom taglib classes

dunno wheter it is out of specification, but jrun allows that. if I have defined an attribute for example 'name' I am not allowed to add a method 'String getName()' to my tagclass, that will cause an exception.

Re: BugRat Report #562 has been filed.

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
BugRat Mail System wrote:

> Bug report #562 has just been filed.
>
> You can view the report at the following URL:
>
>    <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/562>
>
> REPORT #562 Details.
>
> Project: Taglibs
> Category: Bug Report
> SubCategory: New Bug Report
> Class: swbug
> State: received
> Severity: serious
> Confidence: public
> Environment:
>    Release: 3.2
>    JVM Release: 1.2.2
>    Operating System: NT
>    OS Release: 5.0
>    Platform: Windows
>
> Synopsis:
> getter methods not allowed in custom taglib classes

> dunno wheter it is out of specification, but jrun allows that. if I have defined an
> attribute for example 'name' I am not allowed to add a method 'String getName()'
> to my tagclass, that will cause an exception.

First, this bug report should probably target Tomcat/Jasper instead of
the Taglibs, since it's about how the JSP container works as opposed to
how a tag library in the Taglibs project works.

But I'm not so sure this is a bug. I have plenty of custom action tag
handlers that have both a get and a set method for the same property,
and they work fine with Tomcat 3.2.

Are you sure you use the same Java data type for both the get and the
set method? What kind of exception do you get?

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Author of JavaServer Pages (O'Reilly), http://TheJSPBook.com