Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com> on 2014/11/13 06:52:41 UTC

Storage plugin configuration issue

Hi,

I have installed Apache drill(apache-drill-0.5.0-incubating) in distributed mode with hadoop cluster as per following link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Installing+Drill+in+Distributed+Mode

Even Drill web UI is also accessible.

But i am not able to create new storage plugin or update already present one.
Whenever I hit create button, it again gets initiated to NULL.

P.S. My hadoop cluster is running with different user and I have installed apache drill in /opt/drill path with sudo root user.

Thanks and regards
Shweta Jadhav
Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: jadhav.shweta@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.	IT Services
Business Solutions
Consulting
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Storage plugin configuration issue

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Shweta,

I believe Steven requested for the text of storage plugin configuration
that you are
typing in the WebUI in attempt to create the new plugin instance.

This is to ensure that the structure of the configuration follows the
correct syntax.
I assume that you have followed[1] to create this configuration.

I also see that your ZooKeeper quorum consists of 4 nodes. Can you confirm
if these
four nodes are part of the same Zookeeper ensemble? Usually it is a bad
idea to run
an even number of ZooKeeper instance[2].

aditya...

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Registering+a+File+System
[2] http://hbase.apache.org/book/zookeeper.html#how_many_zks

Posted by Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com>.
Hi

I have modified following configuration files

drill-override.conf

drill.exec: {
  cluster-id: "mydrillcluster",
  zk.connect: "namenode1:2181,datanode1:2181,datanode2:2181,datanode3:2181",
  debug.error_on_leak: false,
  buffer.size: 6
}

drill-env.sh

#drill cluster mode
export HADOOP_HOME=/u01/DM_CoE/hadoop/hadoop-2.2.0

I tried putting IP address instead of hostname in drill-override.conf file, but still getting same error in logs.

Is there any configuration file or command to add new storage plugin.

Posted by Steven Phillips <sp...@maprtech.com>.

--
 Steven Phillips
 Software Engineer