Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 16:17:34 UTC

docbookx:generate-pdf does not regenerate file if included XML file is updated

I don't know if this is a bug in the maven plugin, but I just noticed
that the docbookx:generate-pdf target does not regenerate index.pdf if
one of the included files is updated.

"mvn clean" forces a rebuild, but is a bit drastic. Deleting index.fo
also causes the pdf to be rebuilt.

If index.fo is not needed anymore, maybe it should be deleted?

Otherwise, maybe there is some way to tell the plugin which files are
used to build the pdf?

It's not a big problem, but had me puzzled for some while as my test
updates to the xml files did not affect the output.

Re: docbookx:generate-pdf does not regenerate file if included XML file is updated

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 15:17 +0000, sebb wrote:
> I don't know if this is a bug in the maven plugin, but I just noticed
> that the docbookx:generate-pdf target does not regenerate index.pdf if
> one of the included files is updated.
>
> "mvn clean" forces a rebuild, but is a bit drastic. Deleting index.fo
> also causes the pdf to be rebuilt.
>
> If index.fo is not needed anymore, maybe it should be deleted?
>
> Otherwise, maybe there is some way to tell the plugin which files are
> used to build the pdf?
>
> It's not a big problem, but had me puzzled for some while as my test
> updates to the xml files did not affect the output.

Observed exactly the same thing. This looks like a bug in the plugin.

Oleg