Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by claym <cl...@pfd.net> on 2009/04/21 21:10:01 UTC

FreeBSD: sa-compile installing to /var/db/pkg/ ?

When I run sa-compile with some of the non-standard rule sets, I'm getting
these two errors:

FreeBSD: Registering installation in the package database
Cannot create directory
/var/db/pkg/bsdpan-Mail-SpamAssassin-CompiledRegexps-body_0-1.0: File exists

FreeBSD: Registering installation in the package database
Cannot create directory
/var/db/pkg/bsdpan-Mail-SpamAssassin-CompiledRegexps-body_500-1.0: File
exists

Any idea what is causing this and how I can stop it?

Re: FreeBSD: sa-compile installing to /var/db/pkg/ ?

Posted by Jo Rhett <jr...@netconsonance.com>.
Set export DISABLE_BSDPAN=1 in your scripts.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness

Re: FreeBSD: sa-compile installing to /var/db/pkg/ ?

Posted by claym <cl...@pfd.net>.

RW-15 wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
> claym <cl...@pfd.net> wrote:
>

>> When I run sa-compile with some of the non-standard rule sets, I'm
>> getting these two errors:
>>
>> FreeBSD: Registering installation in the package database
>> Cannot create directory
>> /var/db/pkg/bsdpan-Mail-SpamAssassin-CompiledRegexps-body_0-1.0: File
>> exists
>>
>> FreeBSD: Registering installation in the package database
>> Cannot create directory
>> /var/db/pkg/bsdpan-Mail-SpamAssassin-CompiledRegexps-body_500-1.0:
>> File exists
>>
>> Any idea what is causing this and how I can stop it?
>
> When you install a  cpan package outside of the FreeBSD ports/packaging
> system, a entry is made in /var/db/pkg/, so you can deinstall it with
> pkg_delete. For some reason the same thing happens when you compile SA
> rules, a package is created for the installed binaries.  I don't see
> the point myself since all the installed files are in a SA specific
> directory.
>
> I guess you could just delete
> /var/db/pkg/bsdpan-Mail-SpamAssassin-CompiledRegexps* after running
> sa-compile.

I suppose that's a solution, seems a bit weird though. Seems rather hackish
:)

Thanks!

-Clay

Re: FreeBSD: sa-compile installing to /var/db/pkg/ ?

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.