Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Locke <br...@swbell.net> on 2010/06/17 06:02:14 UTC

Module development - server config vs directory config

Howdy all..
I'm a new module developer, so be gentle please.

I have written a simple module for Apache 2.0. If I have a create server
config without a create dir config as well, I get a fault from the server
when it loads the module.
The error appears in ap_walk_config_sub in config.c. The call to
ap_set_config_vectors always returns a null.

If I change my module to have a create dir config function, there is no
error.

Am I doing it wrong?

For a test, I took the mod_usertrack and refactored the code so that the
"dir config" info was moved  into the server config. It produces the same
problem as my original module.

Brian

Re: Module development - server config vs directory config

Posted by Brian Locke <br...@swbell.net>.
Have the book, btw. Didn't remember your name until I got into the office :)
It appears that if your only implementing an ap_hook_fixups function,  you
cannot have server only config.

thanks again for your note.

Brian

Posted by Brian Locke <br...@swbell.net>.