Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org> on 2009/02/01 23:11:33 UTC

Multi-language database and JPA/OpenJPA

Hi all,
the problem of having a database containing localized data is quite
common, and a number of ways to do it are used here and there on the
internet.

What is, from your experience or from your knowledge of JPA, the best
way of doing it in JPA? Are there any recommendation or study papers on
this? (Google seems to find nothing unseful).

Does the JPA 2.0 specs adds some useful new features for this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/

Re: Multi-language database and JPA/OpenJPA

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Adam's observations seem in synch with mine.  Although I don't have personal
experience with storing localized data, I have exchanged e-mails with a few
people who have attempted it with the OpenJPA Entity Listeners.  No
"reference accounts" per se, but it does seem doable.

Kevin

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.