Posted to users@maven.apache.org by co...@runbox.com on 2004/01/07 01:51:22 UTC

Adding Build Numbers To Generated Artifacts?

Hi, is there a way to add a build number onto the generated artifacts?  This is mostly for the nightly builds.  For example, I would like to have the following:

productname-2.3.4.10.jar  (where 10 is the build number).

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Re: Adding Build Numbers To Generated Artifacts?

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
Yes. Change the value of maven.final.name in the artifact's preGoal.
Something like:

  <preGoal name="jar:jar">
    <j:set var="maven.final.name" value="${pom.artifactId}-${version}"/>
    <ant:echo>Updating snapshot JAR to: ${maven.final.name}</ant:echo>
  </preGoal>

  Jeff

mailto:jeff@frenches.org