Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 16:57:54 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Major Changes To Source Code

Manfred's ambitious source code reorg is now complete!  Here is all of
the information you need to know.

1.) New subproject "shared" (formerly commons.)  All source code from
commons has been refactored to have an org.apache.myfaces.shared
package name.

2.) Commons is gone.  Its been removed from the "current" external but
it will likely still be on your local checkout dir.  You can delete it
now.  This also means no more myfaces-commons.jar so you can remove
these from any of your projects.

3.) The shared source code is refactored into project specific
packages names by Maven during the build process.  So core/impl will
depend on org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl and tomahawk will depend on
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.  Manfred can explain more about
how this works.

4.) This change is effective immediately on both the trunk and the
core branch.

5.) There was a massive merge from the branch to the trunk and several
files were in conflict.  I resolved the conflicts but the following
files should be checked (on the trunk only) if you changed them
recently:

HtmlDataTable
Effect Renderer
AbstractScheduleRenderer
InputSuggestAjaxRenderer
ExtensionsFilter
CompareToValidator

6.) We need to do some massive testing so we can get the release out
the door.  Please test the core *branch* to make sure the basic stuff
works.  We also need to test the tomahawk *trunk.*   Please verify the
simple examples, etc.

7.) Feel free to start committing again.  If you find a problem in
shared or tomahawk that gets fixed on the trunk.  If you find a
problem with core, that gets fixed on the *branch* only.

I need to run to work.  Hopefully Manfred can add some more
explanation when he gets a chance.  Also, we need to create an
explanation for the user list (about commons going away.)

Sean

ps. Nightly core now shows 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT since we have branched for
the upcoming 1.1.2 release.  I added a new JIRA version for this.