Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2007/04/04 23:35:44 UTC

Does AMQ reconnects to the Backend Relational Database after temp Database outage

Hi,

I am trying to configure AMQ 4.1.0 with a MySql database as backend, I
want to make sure if there is temporary outage of MySql database, AMQ
will not die and will try to reconnect on some regular time interval. In
my testing it does not appear that way. I am using standard
configuration comes with AMQ download.

Do I have to change something in my data source settings in activemq.xml
to tell it to try to reconnect?

Thanks!

Vik

Re: Does AMQ reconnects to the Backend Relational Database after temp Database outage

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/07, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) <vi...@lexisnexis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to configure AMQ 4.1.0 with a MySql database as backend, I
> want to make sure if there is temporary outage of MySql database, AMQ
> will not die and will try to reconnect on some regular time interval. In
> my testing it does not appear that way. I am using standard
> configuration comes with AMQ download.

JDBC reconnection is the responsibility of the DataSource; use a
DataSource which does connection testing & reconnection. e.g. try c3po
or commons-dbcp.

--

James
-------