Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org> on 2008/08/06 13:19:37 UTC

[vote] Release of servlet-service-impl-1.1.0, spring-configurator-2.0.0, jnet-1.0.0, block-deployment-1.0.0, cocoon-maven-plugin-1.0.0-M3

I've prepared the artifacts for the release of our four subprojects:

Cocoon Servlet-Service Framework Impl 1.1.0
The most important change is that it doesn't depend on the Cocoon source
resolver any more. Custom protocols (e.g. block-context) can still be
used by registering them with JNet.

Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.0.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A major release is necessary because the block deployment functionality
was rewritten and moved into the separate Block-Deployment module.

Apart from this there have been some minor bug fixes and improvements.

Cocoon JNet 1.0.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cocoon JNet allows the dynamic registration of URLStreamHandler
factories with your JVM. That's a feature that isn't supported by Java
itself.

This module was donated to the Apache Commons project and will hopefully
be released there sooner or later.

That's the first release of this module.

Cocoon Block-Deployment 1.0.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Block-Deployment module provides a Java servlet context listener,
that unpacks all blocks into the temp directory of the current servlet
context.

Previously this functionality was part of the Spring Configurator but
was considered to be too Cocoon specific.

That's the first release of this module.

                               - o -

Additionally I've prepared the artifacts for the release of the

Cocoon Maven Plugin 1.0.0-M3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only difference to M2 is that it was compiled with Spring 2.5.5
because M2 causes some wired exceptions when it is used with Spring >2.5.2.

As always, the release of the Cocoon Maven Plugin also makes the release
of the cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper and cocoon-rcl-spring-reloader necessary.

Cocoon Parent POM - Version 7 & Cocoon Tools Modules - Version 7
In order to use the most recent dependency and plugin versions in the
subprojects and the Maven plugin, I had to create a new release of the
Cocoon Parent POM and the Cocoon Tools Modules.

                               - o -

Currently the proposed artifacts can only be tested either with latest
trunk or Corona.

For that purpose add a 'cocoon-staging' profile to your Maven settings.xml:

     <profile>
       <id>cocoon-staging</id>
       <repositories>
         <repository>
           <id>cocoon.staging</id>
           <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
           <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
         </repository>
       </repositories>
       <pluginRepositories>
         <pluginRepository>
           <id>cocoon.staging</id>
           <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
           <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
         </pluginRepository>
       </pluginRepositories>
     </profile>

and use the proposed artifacts instead of SNAPSHOT versions.

                               - o -

You can find the staged files for all modules (sources, binaries,
javadocs, checksums, gpg signatures) at

  - http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/
    (Maven 2 repo)
  - http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/
    (Standard release artifacts)

SVN tags of all these artifacts can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/.

This majority vote stays open for 72 hours.

Please cast your votes.
Here is my +1 (after successfully testing with Cocoon trunk and Corona).

[summary][vote] Release of servlet-service-impl-1.1.0, spring-configurator-2.0.0, jnet-1.0.0, block-deployment-1.0.0, cocoon-maven-plugin-1.0.0-M3

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
The vote passed with three +1 votes and no negative one. I will proceed
with the publishing process (release artifacts & documentation) asap.

Re: [vote] Release of servlet-service-impl-1.1.0, spring-configurator-2.0.0, jnet-1.0.0, block-deployment-1.0.0, cocoon-maven-plugin-1.0.0-M3

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> This majority vote stays open for 72 hours.
>
> Please cast your votes.
> Here is my +1 (after successfully testing with Cocoon trunk and Corona).

Argh, sorry for being late but still:
+1

I've discovered some bug that makes SSF not working properly with Cocoon Core 2.2.0. I've already
talked about it with Reinhard and it looks that there is an easy solution to this problem.

I'll post details today.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard P?tz wrote:
> >
> > Currently the proposed artifacts can only be tested either with latest
> > trunk or Corona.
>
> Actual testing is beyond me.
>
> > You can find the staged files for all modules (sources, binaries,
> > javadocs, checksums, gpg signatures) at
>
> I verified all checksums for *.tar.gz and random ones for jars.
>
> My gpg is broken at the moment, so not done.

Fixed it. Now i have verified that the signatures are okay.
-David

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Reinhard P?tz wrote:

> Currently the proposed artifacts can only be tested either with latest
> trunk or Corona.

Actual testing is beyond me.

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
> Please cast your votes.