Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/19 19:57:15 UTC

M2 Release candidate

Folks

Here is a first cut at the RC for M2.

http://people.apache.org/~pzf/synapse/Synapse-Incubating-M2-RC1-bin.zip

Some notes:

1) I think we need to clean up the way that it finds the synapse.xml. At the
moment its based on the directory you startup in. I've fixed the
synapse.batso that it always starts in SYNAPSE_HOME, but that seems a
bit of a hack.
2) I haven't fixed up the synapse.sh, so please could some linux hackers
give some feedback and fixes.
3) I think we need to find an improved way of including the validation. It
still requires you to update your JDK lib/endorsed to build it which is ok
but not pretty.
4) Asankha has found a better stockquote service to use than
webservicex.net(which does some hokey XML stuff), so it might be good
to move all the
samples over to there
5) The SLA and deprecation mediators are still based on the "deprecated"
ServiceMediator model. I know there is some irony in there! This needs
fixing up.
6) I don't understand why we need xalan.jar in the dist. I thought JDKs
included XSLT support these days! Anyway, I haven't been able to remove the
dependency yet, but if possible it would be good, as about 3Mb out of our
6Mb download is the xalan dependency.

If we can all take a thorough review of this and get the buglist asap then
we can build an RC2 and go through the voting process.

Thanks

Paul

(PS and thanks to Asankha who did most of the work on this release)

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: M2 Release candidate

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
I have committed this attached change.. but the commit mail did not go
out to the list with the changes as I had not subscribed to the mailing
list with my new Apache id.. hence I am attaching the changes here for
review..

Note that I removed Xalan, but kept axis-wsd4j-1.2 as Deepal informed me
that its used by the Axis2 core.

Paul, could you try the tests now? I have tried a clean build and tested
all the samples under JDK 1.4.x without altering the JDK lib/endorsed
directory (but placing xerces under synapse_home/lib/endorsed) and it
worked for me.. would be good to validate it in a fresh environment though..

asankha

Re: M2 Release candidate

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 Asankha

Re: M2 Release candidate

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Re: M2 Release candidate

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/19/06, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip/>

1) I think we need to clean up the way that it finds the synapse.xml. At the
> moment its based on the directory you startup in. I've fixed the
> synapse.bat so that it always starts in SYNAPSE_HOME, but that seems a bit
> of a hack.

Yes, the default config doesn't work for me as it can't find synapse.xml. To
get it to work i had to change SynapseConfiguration in the axis2.xml file to
be:

    <parameter name="SynapseConfiguration"
locked="false">C:\Synapse\M2\synapse\synapse_repository\conf\synapse.xml</parameter>

   ...ant

Re: M2 Release candidate

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Anyone had a chance to play with this yet?

Paul

Re: M2 Release candidate

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
will fix the synapse.sh