Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by wa...@library.ho.lucent.com on 2000/05/22 21:16:19 UTC

TIEHASH error with upgrade to most recent everything

  We upgraded my system to perl 5.6.0; I figured this was time to
upgrade everything (was around 3-6 months behind).  So built from scratch:

  Apache/1.3.12   mod_perl/1.24   embperl/1.3b3

THings look good in general but we run significant parts of my site with:

<Files ~ "\.html$">
    PerlSetVar Filter On
    Options +IncludesNoExec
    PerlHandler Apache::EmbperlFilter Apache::SSI
    SetHandler  perl-script
</Files>

And am getting the error:
   [error] Can't locate object method "TIEHASH" via package "Apache::Table" at /d46/www/lib/perl/Apache/EmbperlFilter.pm line 36, <GEN0> chunk 1.

Have the newest EmbperlFilter I believe - that line is:
  36>  if (my $last_modified = $r->headers_out->{'Last-Modified'}) {

Suggestions? I suspect I have some perl module incorrectly installed but
can't figure which one.
   thanks in advance,
      Bob Waldstein  wald@lucent.com

Re: TIEHASH error with upgrade to most recent everything

Posted by Robert Waldstein <wa...@library.ho.lucent.com>.

> > And am getting the error:
> >    [error] Can't locate object method "TIEHASH" via package
> > "Apache::Table" at /d46/www/lib/perl/Apache/EmbperlFilter.pm line
> > 36, <GEN0> chunk 1.
> >

> Build mod_perl with PERL_TABLE_API=1 as argument for Makefile.PL should fix
> this

interesting - built with    perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1  so suspected this
wasn't it.  But this supported my suspicion - so I did a
	make install

was very nervious since this is my production server I was in the final test
phase of the upgrade.  But that fixed it, and so far didn't affect the
existing server which I will not stop till late tonight.

  Perl (and the assorted related environments) make me nervious - I guess
my ignorance about which files are actively in use by existing programs,
and what will break when upgrades are installed...
   THanks much!!!  As always the help is appreciated,

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.
At 1:42 PM +0100 3/13/02, Gerald Richter wrote:
>  >
>>  I put a "use Apache::Table" in my code just for fun and it didn't
>>  complain, but I got the same error.  I'll keep playing with it.
>
>Then it really looks to me as if you don't have table support enabled when
>build mod_perl. Maybe you have build mod_perl with table support, but load
>another version?

It was a variety of problems.  First I was building mod_perl as a DSO
(don't).  Then I did it correctly, but it managed to get the Darwin
configuration and installed there, whereas I was running it in the
Apache location....  I finally got it straightened out.  Thanks.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.

Re: TIEHASH error with upgrade to most recent everything

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I put a "use Apache::Table" in my code just for fun and it didn't
> complain, but I got the same error.  I'll keep playing with it.

Then it really looks to me as if you don't have table support enabled when
build mod_perl. Maybe you have build mod_perl with table support, but load
another version?

Gerald

Re: cookies not expiring on IE.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Is this an IE problem or my code is wrong?

Your code seems ok, I would suggest to set the option that IE should ask
always before accepting a cookie, then you can click on details and see what
you get send.

Gerald

cookies not expiring on IE.

Posted by Andrew Lim <an...@caltan.com>.
Hi. This might be a off-topic for this list but anyone knows anything about
this?

I sent cookie using the code below. (You see anything wrong?)
But the cookie are not seemed to be expired after 10 minutes.
I could confirm that it get's expired well on netscape but not on IE.

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.
At 2:17 PM -0500 3/7/02, Kee Hinckley wrote:
>At 2:07 PM -0500 3/7/02, Kee Hinckley wrote:
>>[5951]ERR: 32: Warning in Perl code: perl_tie_hash: Can't locate
>>object method "TIEHASH" via package "Apache::Table" (perhaps you
>>forgot to load "Apache::Table"?) at
>>/usr/local/www/consulting/data/ClientTemplate.html line 143.
>
>Looks like a false alarm.  For some reason the first time I ran the
>mod_perl config it did *not* update the Makefiles in the apache
>directory.  Weird.
>--

Okay, I'm retracting my retraction.  I've tried every build option I
can think of and I can't get it to work.

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.
[5951]ERR: 32: Warning in Perl code: perl_tie_hash: Can't locate
object method "TIEHASH" via package "Apache::Table" (perhaps you
forgot to load "Apache::Table"?) at
/usr/local/www/consulting/data/ClientTemplate.html line 143.

I'm getting that on a line that says:

my $auth = $req_rec->headers_in->{'Authorization'};

mod_perl is built with TABLE support on (I just rechecked and rebuilt
and reinstalled to make sure, although I'm still trying some way to
prove it at runtime).  Is this potentially an embperl2.0 problem?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.