Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by anoe <ki...@mazarredos.com> on 2007/06/06 13:43:34 UTC

selectOneListBox and inputText

hi all, i am having problems with coordinating a selectOneListBox with
inputText in the same page. What i want is the inputText to change when you
select another item in the list. I've got my conversor for the items inside,
i've debugged and it seems the variable for the text is updating in the
model (with a valuechangelistener), my bean is request-scoped but i am using
<t:saveState to maintain the state between calls.. i've even checked the
method getInputTextVariable to check that it is returning the right value,
and it is. But the input text is never showing the value i want. Any idea?

Re: selectOneListBox and inputText

Posted by anoe <ki...@mazarredos.com>.
it's in the second message. The whole code of the valueChangeListener would
be

public void cambiaPacienteSeleccionado(ValueChangeEvent event) {
        PhaseId phaseId = event.getPhaseId();
        if (phaseId.equals(PhaseId.ANY_PHASE)) {
        	event.setPhaseId(PhaseId.UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES);
        	event.queue();
        } else if (phaseId.equals(PhaseId.UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES)) {
            // here goes your code
        }
 }

i've got also a converter for my value object and had problems 'cause i had
not overwritten the equals method, so take that in account.

Posted by er...@novartis.com.
Anoe,

Can you post your solution? I'm working on the same problem.

Thanks,
Eric

"Mike Kienenberger" <mk...@gmail.com>
06/07/2007 03:18 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: selectOneListBox and inputText

I think there's a "valueChangeNotifier" (or something like that) in
Tomahawk that does this as well -- it's a value-change-listener that
executes after updateModel.

On 6/6/07, anoe <ki...@mazarredos.com> wrote:

> got the solution thanks to kaapa in irc. The problem is the phase when
the
> valueChangeListener is acting, i had to add this to that method:
>
>         PhaseId phaseId = event.getPhaseId();
>         if (phaseId.equals(PhaseId.ANY_PHASE)) {
>                 event.setPhaseId(PhaseId.UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES);
>                 event.queue();
>         } else if (phaseId.equals(PhaseId.UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES)) {
>         }
>

> anoe wrote:
> >
> > hi all, i am having problems with coordinating a selectOneListBox with
> > inputText in the same page. What i want is the inputText to change
when
> > you select another item in the list. I've got my conversor for the
items
> > inside, i've debugged and it seems the variable for the text is
updating
> > in the model (with a valuechangelistener), my bean is request-scoped
but i
> > am using <t:saveState to maintain the state between calls.. i've even
> > checked the method getInputTextVariable to check that it is returning
the
> > right value, and it is. But the input text is never showing the value
> > want. Any idea?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anoe <ki...@mazarredos.com>.