Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alessandro Bologna <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 06:26:00 UTC

Session scoped lock in cluster

Hi,

I am just checking in to know if any work has  been done on JCR-1173,
"Session scoped lock has no effect on other cluster nodes"  (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1173
)

I think the issue was reported back in July by Shawn (http://www.mail archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org
/msg04257.html), but I can't find a lot of discussion on the mailing
list about it, and in subversion I see a fix for JCR-1141 which seems
to be related (locking in a cluster), but none for 1173.
If the fix is not coming in 1.4, is there a workaround? Would making
the lock non session scoped work?  Or how else can the scenario where
two app servers compete to process the same Node could be solved?

Thanks,
Alessandro Bologna

Re: Session scoped lock in cluster

Posted by Alessandro Bologna <al...@gmail.com>.