Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Henry Cavillones <He...@heavy.com> on 2007/08/13 15:33:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Issue with mod_logio

Hi-
Setting up the apache webheads to do some lamp profiling using
mod_logio. Loaded module right after the standard apache log module,
made sure permissions are golden for file creation, the file gets
created but nothing populates it, Apache starts normal. Perhaps Im
using incorrect loggin parms for mod_logio?

Here is the entry where I load it up:

LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule logio_module modules/mod_logio.soLoadModule env_module
modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so

And here's where i use it:

# Blackbox log format
<IfModule mod_logio.c>
LogFormat "%a/0 %X %t \"%r\" %s/%>s %{pid}P/%{tid}P %T/%D %I/%O/%B"
blackbox</IfModule>
<IfModule !mod_logio.c>
LogFormat "%a/0 %X %t \"%r\" %s/%>s %{pid}P/%{tid}P %T/%D 0/0/%B"
blackbox
</IfModule>
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/blackbox blackbox

Why doesnt it log anything?

Since I didnt recompile apache to enable source port entries in
loggin I dont need  "%S" which would log source port. Ive replaced it
simply with "0".

I used instructions from here verbatim:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/apache/2004/04/22/blackbox_logs.html

Re: [users@httpd] Issue with mod_logio

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 13/08/07, Henry Cavillones <He...@heavy.com> wrote:

[snip]

> And here's where i use it:
>
> # Blackbox log format
> <IfModule mod_logio.c>
> LogFormat "%a/0 %X %t \"%r\" %s/%>s %{pid}P/%{tid}P %T/%D %I/%O/%B"
> blackbox</IfModule>
> <IfModule !mod_logio.c>
> LogFormat "%a/0 %X %t \"%r\" %s/%>s %{pid}P/%{tid}P %T/%D 0/0/%B"
> blackbox
> </IfModule>
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/blackbox blackbox
>
> Why doesnt it log anything?

Depends on the context you've placed the CustomLog directive in. If,
say, this directive is in the main server context and you have vhosts
that do their own logging (possibly hidden ones if you're using an
obfuscated distro config like debian's) then this log won't contain
much.

Are there any other logs, and are those logs getting entries for
requests now? If there are, check the context their CustomLog
directives are in.

--
noodl