Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Da...@Anitefinance.com on 2003/09/04 18:17:10 UTC

Web application init parameters

How can I get hold of a web app init parameter when a page is instantiated?
The RequestCycle and the Engine are both returned as null from the page's
initialize() method.  Is there another route?

David

> David Good
> Consultant
> Anite finance
> A Member of the Anite Group plc
>
> www.anitefinance.com
> DDI		+44 (0)1296 710752
> Switchboard 	+44 (0)1296 710710
>

> IMPORTANT: This message may be confidential and is intended for the above
> named only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender
> immediately. You must not disclose or copy the contents to a third party.
> Please note that Internet e-mail is not a fully secure communication
> medium. Any attachments to this e-mail are believed to be virus free,
> however it is the responsibility of the recipient to make the necessary
> virus checks. The views expressed in this communication are not
> necessarily those held by Anite Finance. Anite Finance reserves the right
> to monitor e-mail communications through its networks.

Re: Web application init parameters

Posted by pa...@credit.com.
initialize() is called by the AbstractPage object's contructor which is called
when the Page pool is created upon startup.
You can access servlet config parameters only after the page is associated
with a request.
Try having your page implement PageRenderListener:

public void pageBeginRender(PageEvent pageEvent)
{
	RequestCycle requestCycle = pageEvent.getRequestCycle();
	RequestContext requestContext = requestCycle.getRequestContext();
	Servlet servlet = requestContext.getServlet();
	String parameter = servlet.getInitParameter(...);
}

Hope this helps,

Paul

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
I think you are not guaranteed to get Global until you reach the
Engine.service. Isn't the Engine a better place for this? Override and
super createGlobal() may be?

-Harish

Posted by Jim Frederic <ji...@isogen.com>.
One possibility: