Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/22 18:34:11 UTC

Re: Testing a turbine service

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 12:53, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> I would like to run junit tests (not cactus) that test my services (they
> are Turbine services).
> How can I bootstrap the bare minimal Turbine services in order to run my
> tests?
> Can this be done without a TR.p
>
> Im using Turbine 2.2 b1

If you look at the dvsl service test in fulcrum you'll see that you
don't even need to start the service framework to test the service
itself. Just instantiate the implementation class in your harness and
run the tests. The dvsl test is a good example.

> Thanks,
>
> David

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Testing a turbine service

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

The code being tested calls other TurbineServices via the usual service
broker method.
Ive been trying to find a way to get this to work, but I don't think its
possible.
It appears that this particular service requires to be initialized on
the init(ServletConfig) signature.
And that TurbineServices requires that several primary services are
loaded.

Perhaps it will be better to run it as a Cactus test case