Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wilson Fletcher <wi...@mclachlan.com.au> on 2003/05/07 06:12:22 UTC

[users@httpd] heeeeelp :-)

Hi, I'm running apache 1.3.23

I want to deploy some servlets that smeone has provided to me and am having
difficulty getting apache to recognise /servlet.

I have tried to look at documentation but at this stage I am so new to it
that there is a mountain of documentation and I'm not even sure if I'm
looking at the right stuff.

I believe I need tomcat in order to be able to run Java Servlets with
apache. Is this correct ?

I've also noticed that there seems to be a mod_jk. Is this an additional
module I need to download and install OR is it included with the tomcat
distributions. I plan to install the tomcat4 rpms although which ones I need
is stilla mystery at this stage.

In short all I want to do is put some some java classes on the server and
then access them with a URL in the form of:

http://<web server>/servlet/java-app.class

I wouldn't have thought this was overly complex but I'm a bit confused by
the different versions and amount of documentation available at present.

Can anyone help me get started ?

Thanks,

Wilson Fletcher