Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 13:44:45 UTC

Declarative Services (SCR) release imminent

Hi all,

We have discovered a serious issue in the SCR bundle (FELIX-1044 [1]),
which I fixed earlier this morning. Also looking at the issues fixed
since the last release [2] indicates, that we should actually create a
release of this bundle.

I have deployed a SNAPSHOT version 1.0.7-20090420.112507-3 of the bundle
for testing.

I would be happy, if some of you could find some time to put it to more
testing (I will do so, too, of course), so that I could then start a
release process with some confidence.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1044
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12313413

Re: Declarative Services (SCR) release imminent

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Yes, thanks for reminding. I saw that and I certainly see this as a
release blocker. Sorry for not have replied earlier.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
Hi Felix,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stuart,

Stuart McCulloch schrieb:
> 2009/4/20 Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have discovered a serious issue in the SCR bundle (FELIX-1044 [1]),
>> which I fixed earlier this morning. Also looking at the issues fixed
>> since the last release [2] indicates, that we should actually create a
>> release of this bundle.
>>
>> I have deployed a SNAPSHOT version 1.0.7-20090420.112507-3 of the bundle
>> for testing.
>>
>> I would be happy, if some of you could find some time to put it to more
>> testing (I will do so, too, of course), so that I could then start a
>> release process with some confidence.
>>

> just a quick reminder that any new releases should use the
> new release process that I'll be posting tomorrow morning :)
>
> I'll also be starting a vote once I've staged the new version of
> the Felix parent pom - you'll need to pick this up before you
> make a release, so you have the right distribution settings

Very good. Thanks for the reminder !

(And I added my own in FELIX-1046)

Regards
Felix