Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "sandesh.yapuram" <sa...@seclore.com> on 2018/04/13 13:28:39 UTC

What are other options for index backup/replication?

Hello,
I have an application that uses lucene indexes and we generate a single
index for all data.
I want to take a weekly *local* backup of the index quitely and
asynchronously.
So far I've tried:
1. The replicator module - I found it very complicated for what I just want
to copy and paste indexes once in a week. I don't want to introduce a new
framework and much code change.
2. I tried the SnapshotDeletionPolicy by taking the files off the
IndexCommit and copying all of them into backup folder. But I'm not sure if
this is a cleaner way to do it since the replicator module is performing lot
of other stuff behind the scene.

Are there any other strategies I can try out?

--
Sent from: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Users-f532864.html