Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 14:35:57 UTC

Java packages and execution environments

Hi,
Do you guys know if there is anywhere a standard/strict list of packages
that should be available per execution environment?

Regards,
Alin

Re: Java packages and execution environments

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
Hi Alin,

The official OSGi execution environment jars are available from:

  http://www2.osgi.org/Download/Release4V41        (form based page)

my local copy of ee.minimum.jar has the following packages:

java/io
java/lang
java/lang/ref
java/lang/reflect
java/net
java/security
java/security/cert
java/util
java/util/zip

and my local copy of ee.foundation.jar has these:

java/io
java/lang
java/lang/ref
java/lang/reflect
java/math
java/net
java/security
java/security/acl
java/security/cert
java/security/interfaces
java/security/spec
java/text
java/util
java/util/jar
java/util/zip
javax/microedition/io
javax/microedition/pki
javax/security/auth/x500

for other execution environments (J2ME, J2SE, etc.) you'd need to check
Sun's website / a locally installed runtime

btw, you can use this shell command to get a basic package list from a given
jar:

   jar tf my.jar | awk '/\.class/ {gsub("/[^/]*$","",$NF); print $NF}' |
sort -u

HTH

--
Cheers, Stuart