Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Tracey <mt...@biblio.com> on 2013/10/25 04:48:35 UTC

Solr 4.5.1 and Illegal to have multiple roots (start tag in epilog?). (perhaps SOLR-4327 bug?)

Hey Solr-users,

I've got a single solr 4.5.1 node with 96GB ram, a 65GB index (105 million records) and a lot of daily churn of newly indexed files (auto softcommit and commits).  I'm trying to bring another matching node into the mix, and am getting these errors on the new node:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Illegal to have multiple roots (start tag in epilog?).

On the old server, still running, I'm getting:

shard update error StdNode: http://server1:xxxx/solr/collection/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Server refused connection at: http://server2:xxxx/solr/collection

the new core never actually comes online, stays in recovery mode.  The other two tiny cores (100,000+ records each and not updated frequently), work just fine.

is this SOLR-4327 bug?  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5331   And if so, how can I get the new node up and running so I can get back in production with some redundancy and speed?

I'm running an external zookeeper, and that is all running just fine.  Also internal Solrj/jetty with little to no modifications.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks,

M.

Re: Solr 4.5.1 and Illegal to have multiple roots (start tag in epilog?). (perhaps SOLR-4327 bug?)

Posted by Michael Tracey <mt...@biblio.com>.
Thanks Chris and Sai. I was hoping to use the standard jetty configuration (noting another thread on these forums indicating that it is the default and supported container). but will migrate to tomcat of needed.  Has anyone found a workaround that works with the standard container?

We are sending updates of around 1000 records at a time, about 500k for the whole json document.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Sai Gadde <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Geeringh <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,