Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/07/17 14:03:49 UTC

Testing harness

Hi,

Is anyone proficient with Cactus and HttpUnit. I have only looked at
them briefly but before any more refactoring is done we need some tests
for the sample app. These would be tests that could be used for any
app developed with the TDK. I know there is some stuff in Jetspeed,
does anyone know if it's functional. I always test the sample TDK
app after making changes and I have scripts the testing I go through
is tedious and I don't want to miss anything. So if anyone knows
anything about these tools, or wants to learn, some code would
be greatly appreciated.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone proficient with Cactus and HttpUnit. I have only looked at
> them briefly but before any more refactoring is done we need some tests
> for the sample app. These would be tests that could be used for any
> app developed with the TDK. I know there is some stuff in Jetspeed,
> does anyone know if it's functional. I always test the sample TDK
> app after making changes and I have scripts the testing I go through
> is tedious and I don't want to miss anything. So if anyone knows
> anything about these tools, or wants to learn, some code would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
>
> jvz.
>
> Jason van Zyl

I've just terminated to use some Junit stuff for mi beans. And i'm going
to try some test of Servlet, learning Cactus more. I'll go on this work
this days, and i will happy to help you..

Jerome Verleyen.

-
 Si la connerie était cotée en bourse,tu serais incarcéré pour
 délit d'initié...
 -+- EB in: Guide du Cabaliste Usenet - Les initiés ont la cote -+-

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 7/17/01 10:05 AM, "Johnny Cass" <jo...@epiuse.com> wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is anyone proficient with Cactus and HttpUnit. I have only looked at
>> them briefly but before any more refactoring is done we need some tests
>> for the sample app. These would be tests that could be used for any
>> app developed with the TDK. I know there is some stuff in Jetspeed,
>> does anyone know if it's functional. I always test the sample TDK
>> app after making changes and I have scripts the testing I go through
>> is tedious and I don't want to miss anything. So if anyone knows
>> anything about these tools, or wants to learn, some code would
>> be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> --
>
> I contributed the Cactus stuff to the Jetspeed project. There is one
> test class (TestJLoginUser.java) available so far :(. It all worked just
> fine the last time I tried it. Have a look at the way it is set up, it
> should give you a fair idea of what is required to get it working for
> Turbine.

That sounds promising I will take a look.

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Warner Onstine <wa...@warneronstine.com>.
Hi Jason,
I am beginning to look at (finally!) writing some test cases for the project
I'm working on. I didn't notice this in the current checkout. Has this code
made it in yet?

If not I too will be looking at the Jetspeed stuff to see how I can use it.

-warner

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Johnny Cass <jo...@epiuse.com>.

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 7/17/01 10:05 AM, "Johnny Cass" <jo...@epiuse.com> wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is anyone proficient with Cactus and HttpUnit. I have only looked at
>> them briefly but before any more refactoring is done we need some tests
>> for the sample app. These would be tests that could be used for any
>> app developed with the TDK. I know there is some stuff in Jetspeed,
>> does anyone know if it's functional. I always test the sample TDK
>> app after making changes and I have scripts the testing I go through
>> is tedious and I don't want to miss anything. So if anyone knows
>> anything about these tools, or wants to learn, some code would
>> be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> --
>
> I contributed the Cactus stuff to the Jetspeed project. There is one
> test class (TestJLoginUser.java) available so far :(. It all worked just
> fine the last time I tried it. Have a look at the way it is set up, it
> should give you a fair idea of what is required to get it working for
> Turbine.

Where is the code exactly?

Re: Testing harness

Posted by Johnny Cass <jo...@epiuse.com>.