Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "barryh1701@aol.com" <ba...@aol.com> on 2016/12/04 15:16:15 UTC

Download issue

I have made another attempt at downloading the application.  It indicates the download is 134 MB in size, but it seems to slow to a crawl at around 67 MB and then stop altogether as though it has completed the download.

Please advise.

Could I download this on another computer and then transfer the installer to this computer as an option?

I looked at the mirror sites and I see many files so I am not sure which one(s) to download.

Please advise.

Thank you!

BEWARE - Re: Download issue

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Dec 4, 2016, at 22:59, Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM> wrote:
>
> OpenOffice should be downloaded from www.openoffice.org only this site redirect you to

> sourcefoge.com

DON'T GO THERE!  sourceforge.net is the correct download site.  sourcefoge.com could well be loaded with nasties!

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set. - Lin Yutang

Re: Download issue

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 05/12/16 2:16 AM, barryh1701@aol.com wrote:
> I have made another attempt at downloading the application.  It indicates the download is 134 MB in size, but it seems to slow to a crawl at around 67 MB and then stop altogether as though it has completed the download.
>

> Please advise.
>

> Could I download this on another computer and then transfer the installer to this computer as an option?
>

> I looked at the mirror sites and I see many files so I am not sure which one(s) to downloa

OpenOffice should be downloaded from www.openoffice.org only this site
redirect you to sourcefoge.com
the download should start automatically don't click on any advertisements.
If it slow down there could be two problems 1) slow internet provider 2)
not enough disk space