Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2008/11/14 02:52:13 UTC

[ANN] Luke 0.9 released

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that the new release of Luke - the Lucene Index
Toolbox - is available for download (or WebStart use) here:

	http://www.getopt.org/luke

Changes in v. 0.9:
------------------
This release adds many functionality enhancements and advanced features
available in Lucene 2.4.

* New features and improvements:
   o Added new tools:
     + Check Index - checks Lucene indexes for problems, and can fix some
       of them. This is a GUI front-end to the Lucene CheckIndex tool.

     + Export to XML - exports index data and metadata to an XML file.
       This is available both from the GUI and from the command-line.

   o Significantly improved Optimize and Cleanup tools.

   o Added ability to set norms on any indexed field in a document, or a
range of documents.

   o Delete multiple documents by specifying ranges of document numbers.

   o Added support for new field functionality: omitTF and binary fields.

   o Improve the low-level information about the index, including format
version.

   o Show interesting details about IndexCommit points and associated files.

   o Add short explanations of index files' functions.

   o Improve document reconstruction - now the information from
TermFreqVector can be used if available. Also, DocReconstructor can be
used outside of Luke.

   o Significantly improved advanced search options - QueryParser
settings, Similarity and HitCollector settings.

   o Read-only functionality is supported directly in IndexReader.

* Bug fixes:
A lot of effort went into refactoring the code, moving away if possible
from the spaghetti code influenced by Thinlet and into a modular design.
Still much needs to be done here. :(

This means that there are likely many more bugs than in the previous
release, although I tested all functionality to make sure that there is
no data loss.

HOWEVER, if you work with precious data, it's always a good idea to use
the "Read-only" option.

As usually, bug reports or suggestions for improvements, or even better
patches, are welcome!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: [ANN] Luke 0.9 released

Posted by mark harwood <ma...@yahoo.co.uk>.
>>BTW, if you have a small test index with multiple commit points could you please send it to me off the list?

See the "setup" method in the junit test "TestTransactionRollbackCapability2" attached here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1449

Cheers,
Mark

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.