Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL> on 2008/08/01 09:06:15 UTC

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x

As quoted from "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>:
> Gertjan, are you using jsp?

No, JSF pages plus Facelets.

> If so, have you deleted your tomcat work directory?

If I were using JSP's, that would be done automatically since I undeploy
and deploy my war via the Tomcat manager.

My guess was that the problem is caused by the snapshots on 'people'
being too old.  I don't know who is babysitting the continuous builds,
or who is otherwise responsible for the snapshots getting updated, but
it appears that neither tomahawk-sandbox not tomahawk12 and
tomahawk-sandbox12 have been built/instelled since July 9th.

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan@West.NL, West Consulting B.V., +31 15 2191 600

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x

Posted by Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL>.
As quoted from "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>:
> I've just rebuilt tomahawk, and did not have any build failure.
>
> I have updated the poms to use the newly-released myfaces-builder-plugin
> version, but don't think this would have affected the build.
>
> I have got this error message before ("duplicate class") and never did
> figure out why. But it went away by itself. Some weird maven issue I guess..
>
> Gertjan, perhaps you could do svn update and try again?

Done that:

  % svn update
  U    core/pom.xml
  U    core12/pom.xml
  U    sandbox/core/pom.xml
  U    sandbox/core12/pom.xml
  Updated to revision 681649.

  % svn info
  Repository Root: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
  Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
  Revision: 681649
  Node Kind: directory
  Schedule: normal
  Last Changed Author: skitching
  Last Changed Rev: 681648
  Last Changed Date: 2008-08-01 10:56:46 +0000 (Fri, 01 Aug 2008)

  % mvn clean package
  [...]
  [same build errors as before]

  % mvn -v
  Maven version: 2.0.9
  Java version: 1.5.0_15
  OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.22-3-686" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

What now?  It does not appear to be possible (at least for me) to do a
clean build of a clean svn checkout of the tomahawk trunk.
Anyway, I don't really need to build it myself, provided the snapshots
on 'people' are up-to-date (which they aren't, only
tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT has been updated today).  As to why the
snapshots aren't updated/uploaded, someone with an eye on the continuous
integration server should be able to tell.

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan@West.NL, West Consulting B.V., +31 15 2191 600

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@west.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> As quoted from Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>:
>>
>>> Is there a chance that you can run the build on your machine ?
>>>
>> If I run 'mvn clean package' from the svn checkout of
>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk
>> I get build errors in core12 (see attached).  That *may* account for the
>> snapshots not getting updated on 'people'.
>>

> there seems to be something wrong... :)
> I am not that familiar with Tomahawk12 + its build-process.
> Simon and Leo are the men for that ;)

I've just rebuilt tomahawk, and did not have any build failure.

I have updated the poms to use the newly-released myfaces-builder-plugin
version, but don't think this would have affected the build.

I have got this error message before ("duplicate class") and never did
figure out why. But it went away by itself. Some weird maven issue I guess..

Gertjan, perhaps you could do svn update and try again?

Regards,
Simon

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@west.nl> wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> As quoted from Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>:
>> Is there a chance that you can run the build on your machine ?
>
> If I run 'mvn clean package' from the svn checkout of
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk
> I get build errors in core12 (see attached).  That *may* account for the
> snapshots not getting updated on 'people'.

there seems to be something wrong... :)
I am not that familiar with Tomahawk12 + its build-process.
Simon and Leo are the men for that ;)

>> Please note that you may need to build the myfaces-builder snapshots
>> before the actual Tomahawk build.
>
> Not sure if that is really needed, they are downloaded from 'people' by
> Maven and seem to work, as far as I can tell.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> -- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan@West.NL, West Consulting B.V., +31 15 2191 600

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x

Posted by Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL>.
Hi Matthias,

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hallo Gertjan,

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@west.nl> wrote:
> As quoted from Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL>:
>> As quoted from Gertjan van Oosten <ge...@West.NL>:
>> > it appears that neither tomahawk-sandbox not tomahawk12 and
>>                                            nor
>> > tomahawk-sandbox12 have been built/instelled since July 9th.
>>                                      installed
>>
>> /me needs a coffee first...
>
> Actually, I get an exception (that coffee helped):
>
> com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig loadImplicit
> SEVERE: Error Loading Library: jar:file:/some/path/my-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk12-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/tomahawk.taglib.xml
> java.io.IOException: Error parsing [jar:file:/some/path/my-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk12-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/tomahawk.taglib.xml]:
>        at com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig.create(TagLibraryConfig.java:410)
>        [...]
> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error Handling [jar:file:/some/path/my-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/tomahawk12-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/tomahawk.taglib.xml@34,18]
>        at com.sun.facelets.compiler.TagLibraryConfig$LibraryHandler.error(TagLibraryConfig.java:376)
>        [...]
> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "facelet-taglib" is incomplete, it must match "(library-class|(namespace,(tag|function)+))".
>        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
>        [...]
>
> Same stacktrace for tomahawk-sandbox12.
> So it appears that in that version of the jars the taglibs are incorrect.

that may be due to some generation issues? Not sure...

> That might have been fixed since July 9th, hopefully someone will
> install recent snapshots on 'people' so I can check.

Is there a chance that you can run the build on your machine ?
Please note that you may need to build the myfaces-builder snapshots
before the actual
Tomahawk build.

-Matthias

Re: [Tomahawk] Tomahawk 1.2.x