Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 11:01:22 UTC

How to recover hadoop cluster using SecondaryNameNode ?

Hi all,

I wonder is it enough for recovering hadoop cluster by just coping the
meta data from SecondaryNameNode to the new master node ? Do I any
need do any other stuffs ?
Thanks for any help.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: How to recover hadoop cluster using SecondaryNameNode ?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.
This is a good time to remind folks that the namenode can write to multiple directories, including one over a network filesystem or SAN  so that you always have a fresh copy. :)

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.

--
Eric Sammer
phone: +1-917-287-2675

Re: How to recover hadoop cluster using SecondaryNameNode ?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Allen,

Do you mean HDFS-976 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-976> and
HDFS-966 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-966> ?

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>
wrote:

> This code hasn't been committed to any branch yet and doesn't appear to
have undergone any review outside of Facebook. :(

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<aw...@linkedin.com>wrote:

> This code hasn't been committed to any branch yet and doesn't appear to
> have undergone any review outside of Facebook. :(
>
> On May 13, 2010, at 6:18 AM, Ted Yu wrote:
>
> > I suggest you take a look at AvatarNode which runs standby avatar that
> > can be activated if primary avatar fails.
> >

> > On Thursday, May 13, 2010, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I wonder is it enough for recovering hadoop cluster by just coping the
> >> meta data from SecondaryNameNode to the new master node ? Do I any
> >> need do any other stuffs ?
> >> Thanks for any help.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Best Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Zhang
> >>

> Wow that AvatarNode was really flying below the Radar! First I heard of it.
Awesome!

Re: How to recover hadoop cluster using SecondaryNameNode ?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.