Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shaun Bramley <sh...@rogers.com> on 2004/10/11 16:18:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with apache configuration file...

[users@httpd] Problems with LDAP authenticatio with AD200

Posted by Mark Campbell <ma...@redbrick.dcu.ie>.
Hey Guys,

I've always been doing ldap authentication off an old 2000 PDC which was a
backup within our domain.  However of recent time we upgraded to 2003 which
has now resulted in my apache configuration being broken

------------>httpd.conf----------------------->

    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthLDAPEnabled on
    AuthName "The Saint"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://hostname:389/dc=itconvergence,dc=com?sAMAccountName"
    AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=System Account,CN=Administration - Service Account,DC=itconvergence,DC=com"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword xxxxxxxxxx
    require valid-user

When I use this config against the 2003 directory and try to authenticate I
get this error:

[Fri Jan 28 09:46:53 2005] [warn] [client 64.147.176.200] [13344] auth_ldap
authenticate: user mcampbell authentication failed; URI /saint/
[ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed][Operations error]

I have the feeling this might have something to do with the LDAP protocol
version used, however I can't find any apache directive to change it.

If anyone has any idea's I'd appricate it.

Mark

--
regards,
	-mark

Re: [users@httpd] Newbie questions ...

Posted by MELindberg <we...@darkdezigns.com>.
Thanks Kindly. Your help is most appreciated. ... Wish I hadn't been
right this time :(

Sincerely
Myron Lindberg

Posted by Marian D Marinov <ha...@hydra.azilian.net>.

\__________________

[users@httpd] Newbie questions ...

Posted by MELindberg <we...@darkdezigns.com>.
Hi Gang

Thanks in advance. I'm really rather new at this. Would someone be so
kind as to give me some general information as to what the following
lines in my error log mean. It seems to be a restart (or part of a
restart as I deleted some of the lines that don't need any explanation
really ... the individual domains involved, ... it's a virtual hosting
setup} but it is happening every night at the indicated time and is not
"scheduled" as far as I can see, or the result of a direct command ...
at least not from me.  There is no apparent difference in this basic
'list', set of log files, and when I actually force a restart, only the
system time does not change except when I manually force a restart
{graceful}. This seems quite odd and I'm wondering if perhaps I've been
hacked in some fashion. At one point ... a couple of weeks ago. All my
logs "vanished". Errors, access, the works, were all blank from one day
to the next. I don't recall seeing this nightly event prior to that
event. There is nothing sensitive on the specific machine in question,
so I.m not concerned from a realistic standpoint. But if the machine has
been invaded in some fashion I will want to clean and move the data
files and wipe and reinstall the system files... which will be a pain in
the gazebo ;) Basically I guess I'm wondering if I am correct in my
assessment of the meaning of a list like this, is it indeed a restart
sequence as it appears to be, or could something else be causing this
set of events.

[Sun Feb 06 04:02:26 2005] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest
authentication ...
[Sun Feb 06 04:02:26 2005] [notice] Digest: done
[Sun Feb 06 04:02:26 2005] [notice] LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
[Sun Feb 06 04:02:26 2005] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable
[Sun Feb 06 04:02:27 2005] [notice] httpdmon: httpdmon_init
[Sun Feb 06 04:02:27 2005] [notice] bandwidth monitoring enabled
(mapping file: /etc/virtualhosting/mappings/apache.domainmap)
[Sun Feb 06 04:02:28 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) configured --
resuming normal operations
exclog: signal received 15
[Sun Feb 06 04:10:03 2005] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
exclog: top-level log:/var/log/httpd/access_log