Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sk92129 <sk...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/31 02:01:31 UTC

activemq-admin stop does not work on Windows 7 pro

I am using Windows 7 Pro with activeMq 5.6.0.   After I start up the broker
with activemq.bat, I was testing to shut it down, using activemq-admin stop
and activemq-admin stop --all

This does not seem to work.

On the console where I invoked activemq-admin stop (or with the --all)
option, i see connection refused.

But on the console window where I started the activemq broker, I still see
it running (as well as in the task manager).  I have to shut it down using
the task manager, and then manually remove the lock directory or file so
that I can restart it.

Seems rather sloppy.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: activemq-admin stop does not work on Windows 7 pro

Posted by sk92129 <sk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I added the useJmx="true" to the broker in activemq.xml.  restarted it.

I used the jconsole to shut it down.

I tried to use the activemq-admin stop --all

but that does not work.  I guess I would need to provide the jmxurl
parameter but that seems kind of inconvenient.   A would need to write
a custom stop script to pass that parameter since it would be tedious
to type that every time I needed to stop the broker.

The useJmx should be enabled by default out of the "box".   Is it
really a big resource drain to enable that by default?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com