Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sergey Shcherbakov <ss...@echelon.de> on 2009/01/05 10:19:03 UTC

Non-java projects question

Hello all,

I am very new to Maven although I could already understand the great
idea behind it.

The problem I have is that we have couple of dozens of non-java
ant-driven projects.

I tried successfully to use maven's antrun plug-in to build them with
Maven but the goal I am pursuing currently is to deploy project's
artifacts to the local/internal repository to enable subsequent reuse by
other non-java projects.

Our projects have though common structure but of course not the same as
maven default jar packaging plug-in expects. Plus jar would not be the
most optimal packaging method.

So I am wondering, is it possible to customize pom.xml file in such way
that the Maven would pick-up files in particular folder, pack them to
zip (there is no default zip-packaging plug-in, right?) and install to
the internal repository without a need to create an own project
archetype?

Best Regards,

Sergey

Re: Non-java projects question

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
maven-assembly-plugin is what you are looking for.

you can also use ant to zip them up and then use
build-helper-maven-plugin to notify maven to deploy it

-D